Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wonderful New Safety Product for Kids

I was very excited to order these. I am not very good at drilling holes and installing hardware. I just don't enjoy it and it usually doesn't look right when I am finished. So when I found these, I was excited that all I had to do was stick them on and be ready to go. These are very intuitive to use. They stick on easily and once on, I can easily flip the little "lid" on each side to release the loop and the door that has the safety lock on it. I also was excited to be able to use these on drawers which I before wasn't able to secure as easily. I attached one part of the Safe T Ter Tots to the drawer and the other to the cabinet face itself and it worked to keep the drawer from opening very far!
My little guy is pretty inquisitive and very ingenious and he was able to unstick a few of these after a few days with repeated pulling on the doors which I adhered them to. But overall, these give me peace of mind that I at least have a chance to run upstairs and back down without worrying that he will get into the knives or other dangerous things in my cabinets immediately. I don't think they are a good substitute for me - I still need to be keeping a close eye on him and stop him when he starts to go for the cabinets, but I at least have the gift of a little more time and can leave the room for short bursts of time with these installed. I think they are a great product and are easy to install and also use.
I also tried removing one after a day just to see that my cabinet would not sustain damage and I was pleased that they didn't leave a trace of adhesive or a mark that I had stuck this to the cabinet. Someday I wish to remove these when my son is thru trying to explore ever nook and cranny, and I want to know my woodwork will still look great. These didn't leave any marks and I just used a hairdryer to heat and gently pull and they came off very easily.
I received this product at a discount for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment